IDIA aspires to develop and provide innovative academic and professional education programs in various development fields at diploma, undergraduate and post graduate levels that will foster intellectual growth, technical and lifelong skills and appropriate preparation for employment in an increasingly integrated and globalized society.
OUR EDUCATION AND TRAINING PROGRAMS
IDIA is progressively designing and providing both basic and post basic education and training programs
in various development fields targeting individuals, professionals, managers, policy-makers and practitioners.
Our academic and training programs are designed to:
• Enable learners to acquire discipline specific knowledge, competencies and transferable skills;
• Impart theoretical and practical problem solving skills and promote principles of effective and sustainable
• Enable learners to acquire ethical and value based management and leadership competencies;
• Enable learners to acquire and apply servant leadership attitudes and skills;
• Enable learners to acquire, generate and apply knowledge and skills to drive change and transformation
• Contribute to improving professional, policy and service delivery systems and practices.
LEVELS OF TRAINING
The education programs are progressively available at the following levels.
• Diploma including advanced or higher diploma
• Executive and continuing education
Our courses are designed to offer upgrading and progression from certificate to diploma to advanced
diploma to undergraduate up to postgraduate levels.
EDUCATION APPROACH AND MODEL
IDIA adopts an approach that balances between theoretical/analytical learning techniques on one hand,
and practical-value based learning on the other hand. Broadly, IDIA's education approach is anchored
on a four- pillar education model whose main features include:
• Learning Through Teaching (LTT)
• Knowledge and Evidence Based Learning (KEBL)
• Value Based Learning (VBL)
• Learning Through Service (LTS)
AVAILABLE COURSES AND PROGRAMS FOR 2015
We offer IDIA/GLUK , GLUK and KNEC examined programs at our siaya Campus, Valley of Hope Centre, siaya
County. In future, IDIA plans to also roll out the academic programs in Nairobi, Kisumu and ongata Rongai
in Kajiado County.